Altair® MotionView® is a user-friendly and intuitive multibody systems modeling environment. Its built-in parametric modeling capability and open architecture allows users to quickly build, analyze, and improve mechanical system designs even before physical prototypes are available. Coupled with a next generation solver in MotionSolve, MotionView provides a perfect solution for your multibody dynamics simulation needs.
Parametric modeling interface to model and visualize high-fidelity Multi-body systems.
“The Powertrain mount simulation results using Altair MotionView and HyperStudy correlated well with test for critical natural frequencies and mode shapes”
View Case Study
Accelerate product innovation
Increased global competition is forcing manufacturers across the world to find better ways to design and manufacture products. MotionView allows you to easily create innovative designs, assess product performance and identify those designs that meet the product goals.
Enforce corporate standards
- Capture company know how in repeatable processes to ensure consistency
- Customize the interface to enforce corporate standards
- Standardize and share subsystems and system models
- Build a model once, and reuse it with domain-specific solvers
Reduce product design time and cost
- MotionView’s physics-based simulation capabilities allow you to evaluate products earl y in the development cycle
- Automate standard model assembly and save time on getting to the initial configuration
- Build a model once, validate it and reuse it in different contexts with domain-specific solvers for multidisciplinary studies
- Use the automation capabilities to reduce the repetitive procedural tasks
Improve product quality
Use MotionView to improve product quality by evaluating their performance on realistic scenarios. Easily perform what-if analyses and stochastic simulations to understand and mitigate the effects of manufacturing variations on product performance.
Comprehensive open environment
An open architecture that supports a variety of tools for model building, data input, performance evaluation, design improvement and report generation.
Automotive suspension design
Motorcycle ride analysis
Dynamic simulation of a robot
Vehicle durability simulation
Flexible multi-body dynamics for a windturbine
Wiper blade contact force calculation
Powerful and Effective Modeling Environment
A typical mechanical system tends to have several subsystems. A modular approach to model building lets users have more control over the modeling. MotionView’s powerful environment contains many core capabilities designed to simplify and streamline the creation of complex mechanical models that are required to solve the most challenging problems.
- A hierarchical modeling structure lets users build system level models as a combination of reusable sub-systems and components
- MotionView’s modeling language supports symmetry and conditional logic enabling multiple model topology configurations within a single model and tremendous control over modeling entities and properties.
- Parametric model definitions provide easy analysis studies of model variations.
Modern Easy to Use GUI
MotionView’s intuitive layout and logical work flow allows both, experienced and novice engineers to get started quickly to build and analyze multibody systems rapidly.
- Efficient and intuitive workflows simplify and standardize mechanical systems modeling
- Modern user interface that is easy to learn and use
- Advanced context sensitive model browser helps easily navigate through the model elements with less mouse travel and fewer mouse clicks
Easy Flexbody Generation and Usage
Flexible-body modeling within a mechanical system can be a complex and challenging task since it typically requires familiarity with finite element modeling and knowledge of finite elements solvers. MotionView’s flexbody modeling processes were developed to overcome these challenges while still providing advanced and easy-to-use tools for flexbody creation, system integration and post-processing.
- Smooth and simplified processes for flexbody generation
- One-step conversion between rigid and flexible components
- Comprehensive array of utilities to minimize flexbody pre-processing errors
Automation and Customization
MotionView is completely customization and automation ready giving users control over both the graphical user interface and the modeling processes. This allows MotionView to seamlessly fit within any simulation environment.
- Fully customizable user interface providing users with the flexibility to modify the existing environment, turn panels on and off, and build custom panels
- Powerful scripting enabling users to automate repetitive modeling tasks and streamline intricate processes
End to End Solution
MotionView delivers a complete solution for the entire mechanical systems simulation process through its powerful functionality and direct integration with HyperWorks.
- Build multibody models with MotionView and HyperMesh
- Analyze and correlate simulation results and test data with state of the art visualization and data plotting capabilities through HyperView and HyperGraph
- Perform flexbody analysis
- Export component load channels, supporting several different FE & fatigue formats, from multibody simulations with the Load Export Utility
- Take advantage of MotionView’s multiple solver support including MotionSolve, ADAMS, RADIOSS and ABAQUS
- Execute DOE, optimization and stochastic studies through HyperStudy and OptiStruct