MapleSim is an advanced system-level modeling and simulation tool that applies modern techniques to dramatically reduce model development time, provide greater insight into system behavior, and to produce fast, high-fidelity simulations.
MapleSim is a potential modeling environment for
Model Driven Innovation with MapleSim
MapleSim's capabilities provide model-driven innovation by helping identify problems early in the engineering process.
MapleSim to VisSim
Rapid physical modeling, analysis and model deployment to VisSim.
- Lumped parameter
- 1D modeling and simulation
- Systems-level modeling
- Code generation
- Hardware in the loop (HIL) simulation
- Inverse kinematics and dynamics
Maplesoft provides engineers with the tools and expertise they need to enable a model-driven innovation process that helps manage design complexity. Maplesoft products and services are used in machine design, robotics, aerospace, automotive, and many other fields where engineers face complex challenges. Customers include Boeing, FLSmidth, Ford, Google, Intel, NASA, and Samsung.
"MapleSim's ability to automatically generate complex mathematical models, such as the leg dynamics, is outstanding. Different parameters can be altered at different stages to reduce the complexity of calculations."
–Guillaume Hirohide Sasagawa, Engineer
Engineered Arts Ltd.
A few examples of MapleSim applications:
- Robotics and other mechatronics systems
- Vehicles, including tires, powertrains, drivelines, and vehicle dynamics
- Electric vehicles and battery systems
- Mining machinery, excavators and other heavy equipment
- Mechanisms such as bar linkages and gripping clamps
- Medical devices
Engineers, scientists and mathematicians in sectors such as automotive, aerospace, machine design, electronics, robotics, vehicle engineering, power, financial services, consumer products and entertainment industries use Maplesoft products to enable them to work better, faster, and smarter.
You can model systems that includes any combination of these domains, for a lumped parameter or 1D modeling: electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, multibody, pneumatic, signal flow or thermal.
Visit the Maplesoft Application Center for applications contributed by the Maplesoft user community.
With the help of MapleSim, VI-grade creates breakthrough vehicle driving simulator technology
Engineered Arts uses MapleSim to help design the revolutionary humanoid robot, RoboThespian
MapleSim helps the Canadian Space Agency develop hardware-in-the-loop real-time simulation for planetary rovers
MapleSim is an advanced system-level modeling tool that reduces development time and provides insight into system behavior
Key Features & Benefits
- Reduces model development time from months to days while producing high-fidelity, high-performance models.
- Its multidomain physical modeling environment supports system-level modeling.
- A completely open environment, never restricted to built-in components or analyses
- Integrates seamlessly with popular real-time toolchains, including Simulink® and FMI-compatible tools.
- CAD Toolbox module: Import CAD models into MapleSim and capture kinematic and kinetic properties of model components
- Develop better designs with powerful analysis and optimization tools. Because of the symbolic computation engine, MapleSim has an extensive library of built-in analysis tools for sensitivity analysis, parameter sweeps etc., as well as the tools for developing custom analyses.
- Get extremely fast simulation code – with MapleSim, you can achieve real-time simulation speeds without sacrificing fidelity.
- The CAD Toolbox module allows users to see how mechanical CAD models will behave as part of a larger, multidomain system, and apply MapleSim’s advanced analysis tools to improve the designs.
MapleSim has interfaces with Altair's MotionSolve and VisSim; as well as JMAG by JSOL and DSHplus by Fluidon.
DSHplus by FLUIDON is a simulation program especially developed for the dynamic nonlinear calculation of complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components.
Maple is a technical computing software for engineers, mathematicians, and scientists.
Integrated solution to analyze and optimize multi-body system performance. Through extensive customer partnership, MotionSolve is thoroughly validated for quality, robustness and speed.
Overview Video | Learn More
VisSim is a graphical language for simulation and model-based embedded development. The core product, is used for general modeling, simulation and control system design applications.
Overview Video | Learn More